Special events are usually set up around the world, such as designated ‘left handed zones’ where righties are encouraged to use their non-dominant hand to perform simple tasks. These particular areas might only include lefty tools and utensils in order to force people into finding out what it’s like being a lefty in a right handed world. Entirely too often we lefties are left out by architects and developers. So it is also hoped that through participating in this day we can raise awareness of the need for ambidextrous product designs.
Here’s my (selfish) suggestion for this yearly event. Every year on August 13th, guitar stores worldwide should have a sale where only the left-handed models are discounted. Do it. Do it.
· Left Handed Pens are a thing! Who knew!?
· Make especially good baseball players, tennis players, swimmers, boxers and fencers (almost 40% of the top tennis players are lefties)
· Celebrate left handed day once a year – August 13th – International Left Handers Day
· Draw figures facing to the right
· Recover from strokes faster
· More likely to pursue creative careers
· Left handed college graduates go on to become 26% richer than right handed graduates
· On a QWERTY keyboard, there are 1447 English words typed solely with the left hand, whilst only 187 are typed with the right hand.
FM TOP CHART